Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Snow Day Essentials

Hello everyone! I am currently bundled up in my dorm room after a crazy week of unpacking, reuniting with friends, and trudging through snow to get to my first classes of the new semester. Today, thankfully, we were given a break as the snow had piled up to over a foot. So with classes cancelled for the day, I wanted to do a quick update. Although its a bit too cold for an outfit post, I thought this would be a great excuse to show some of my snow day essentials.


So my very first essential is of course a fuzzy sweater to stay warm and cozy all day. This one is from Oasis and I love the colors and print- perfect to brighten up dreary winter days. The loose fit makes it comfortable and perfect for just lounging around.
To stay even warmer, a knit blanket is another must-have. The one pictured is organically made which I love, but any blanket will do. There's nothing better than curling up under a blanket while the snow falls outside your window.
Hot chocolate is my go-to winter drink. I'm sure to always have some handy for when I need to warm up.
While you're all comfy, a good book is the best thing to have to keep you occupied. IT by Alexa Chung is on my To Read list this new year. The cover alone has me itching to open it up, but it has also been getting great reviews so I'll be sure to read it soon.
Anyone that knows me well knows that I'm obsessed with incense. It can instantly change the atmosphere of a room, and the smoke is always pretty to look at. This vanilla scent from Zara will have your whole house smelling yummy. It's a great pick-me-up if you don't enjoy being stuck inside.
Snow days are also a great time to catch up on some primping if you've been super busy. I know I am loving the chance to fix up my nails which have been looking pretty beat up lately. This nail polish by Essie,  Shearling Darling, is my favorite at the moment. It's dark which I like for winter but the deep red allows it to still be a warm color.
Once your nails are looking lovely, a cute snowflake ring would be perfect. It's time to break out any winter themed jewelry you have while you have the excuse to wear it.
Lastly, harem pants are one of my big obsessions right now. they're unbelievably comfy but are still stylish. I love feeling like I'm wearing pajamas to class but still getting compliments on my cute pants. They look especially nice with a sweater tucked into the hem and are a great way to stay comfy while still looking nice.

I hope you all are staying warm today; I'll be sure to be back with more posts soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment