Friday, December 13, 2013

Winter Wonderland


Happy Friday! I don't know about you guys but I am more than ready for the weekend to start. I kicked off my Friday festivities with a little photo shoot in my backyard to get some pictures in before the snow melted. It's still pretty chilly if you can't tell by my red nose, but I love being outside no matter the weather. This time of year the air is clear and feels fresher, and you don't have to worry about getting all sweaty. Plus it's a great excuse to layer up and throw on your favorite sweaters and coats. And I do love scarves, mittens, and hats and have about a dozen of each.
One of my favorite things to do in the winter is go exploring through the woods near my house. I wouldn't quite call it hiking because I stop too often to take pictures and climb on fallen trees and boulders. My friend Brigid and I love taking her dog Dali to a park near us where we can all run around and enjoy some time outdoors. This is an outfit I wore on one of our most recent trips to Nolde Forest. I like to dress comfortably and warmly, so that means lots of layers. In these pictures I'm wearing black leggings, my favorite sweater from Urban Outfitters, a green utility jacket also from Urban Outfitters, some gray mittens that were originally my sister's, and a super fluffy and adorable brown scarf I picked up at a gift shop in Rehoboth this summer. I love love love this scarf and everything about it- the soft texture, color, and the fact that it's an infinity scarf so I can easily throw it on and go. Unfortunately I didn't think to write down the name of the store I got it from, so I can't go back and buy it in every color like I usually do. I guess that just makes it more special.
Leggings: H&M, Sweater: Urban Outfitters, Jacket: Urban Outfitters, Mittens and Scarf: Unknown



Above are my favorite pictures from the hike. I can't wait to go back and take more!


No comments:

Post a Comment