Wednesday, December 18, 2013

How to Style Boys' Clothing

         Hello! I can't believe we're already halfway through this week. I've been staying busy with seeing family, catching up with friends, and working. With everything going on this break I've been reaching for my comfiest clothes while getting ready in the mornings, which are usually my boyfriend's. I have to admit to stealing a fair amount of his wardrobe over the years we've been together, and have acquired quite the collection of sweatshirts, t-shirts, sweaters, sweatpants- almost everything. So I wanted to show a few ways I incorporate boys' clothing in my everyday outfits. Of course, these don't have to be your boyfriend's clothes. I know my friends with brothers are often stealing their clothing, and some things I've picked up from thrift stores have been from the mens section so although I am styling my boyfriend's clothing in this post, any boyish clothes would apply.
Outfit #1: Dress: Forever 21, Socks: Target, Shoes: thrifted

Okay, first we have one of my favorite sweaters- a navy blue Ralph Lauren sweater. My boyfriend actually had two of these so he let me have one, and I wear it all the time. It's comfy and baggy which I like for layering over dresses. On this day I paired the sweater with one of my sundresses, a floral drop-waist dress from Forever 21. This dress has pockets so obviously I try to wear it into the winter. It functions well as a skirt and the fabric keeps this outfit from being too plain. To keep warm I threw on a pair of knee high socks and on my feet I slipped on a pair of shoes from Goodwill.

Outfit #2: Coat: Urban Outfitters, Dress: Urban Outfitters, Tights: unknown, Shoes: TJ Maxx

For a second look I chose one of his many fuzzy flannels for a day outside. I love layering flannels under my winter coats, and I thought this one went nicely with a white dress I bought on clearance at the beginning of fall from Urban Outfitters. Although I'm excited to wear it by itself in the spring and summer, I've had fun finding ways to style it in the colder months. I put on some black stockings and finished with my short black boots that fit the grunge theme of this outfit. 

Outfit #3: Sweater: Brandy Melville, Leggings: H&M, Shoes: thrifted

Last, I grabbed one of my favorite t-shirts from my boyfriend's stash and made it into a comfy outfit for lounging around the house or doing some holiday activities like decorating the tree or baking cookies. This shirt is long enough to be able to wear with leggings which I love, and to make the outfit even comfier I added a gray sweater that I got from PacSun. My shoes were borrowed from my sister, who picked them up at a thrift store. 

So I hope I made up for my lack of posts over the weekend; I have so many more ideas for posts so keep checking back!

No comments:

Post a Comment