Monday, December 9, 2013

Sweater Weather

           
Hello everyone! My name is Colleen and this is my first official blog post on Knits & Knees; how exciting! I created this blog back in August but never knew quite what I wanted to do with it, but I’ve spent the last few days brainstorming ideas and am so excited to share them all with you. First I just wanted to say a little about myself. I’m currently a freshman at Philadelphia University studying Communications. I absolutely love Philly and spend a lot of my time walking around Manayunk or exploring center city. The shops, restaurants, and parks are all fun to check out on weekends, and on weekdays there’s plenty to do on campus with events and volunteering. I have been very busy my first semester but am completely thrilled about it.
PhilaU is known for its fashion and I couldn’t help picking up a few styling tips from my friends here. When I asked them to describe my style their answers ranged from, “edgy casual” to “school uniform meets hipster”. I’m not really sure what to think of the variety of descriptions I got, but I guess that shows that I have a unique style and don’t mind mixing things up every once in a while. I’m a huge fan of skirts, tall socks, sweaters, and anything maroon. Although no one can rock prints quite like my friend Tori, I try to incorporate at least one pattern into all of my outfits so things never get too boring.
Today there was a blizzard blowing through my backyard, so I wasn’t able to take these photos outside where I wanted, but I had fun shooting in my room and staying nice and cozy. There will be plenty of time for cold, snowy photo shoots in the next few months! I spent most of my time this afternoon cleaning and working on some final projects for school, but I wanted to wear something that could transition into a night of going out and meeting up with friends.
I started out with one of my white summer dresses and tucked it into a pair of green high-waisted shorts. I love the pattern on this dress and wanted to find a way to wear it in the winter, so these Urban Outfitters shorts were the perfect solution and added a pop of color to the otherwise neutral color scheme. To keep my legs warm I wore a pair of plain black tights and added another layer for my feet, maroon socks that I bunched around my short brown boots. These shoes were a Christmas gift from my sister last year and I have certainly got a lot of use out of them. To finish the outfit I threw on a long knit sweater that I thought was the perfect texture to add to the patterned dress. Overall, this outfit was comfy but fun for a bleary, blizzardy day.
I guess that’s where I’ll leave things for now. Check back soon for more fun upcoming posts!
       


Dress: Forever 21, Shorts: Urban Outfitters, Sweater: Unknown (gift), Tights: Target, 
Socks: Unknown, Boots: Famous Footwear

No comments:

Post a Comment