Thursday, December 12, 2013

Holiday Outfit Inspiration


Hey guys! It's been a busy few days but I wanted to take the time to make a blog post so no one thinks that I've abandoned this little blog already. I'm heading home today after a few days at school spent studying and catching up with friends before break. I'll miss everyone here but am more than ready for a month of winter activities and holiday parties. If you're anything like me, you're already stressing about what to wear to all the formal and not so formal events that happen this time of year. I decided to make just a few outfits to get you (and me) inspired.

Outfit #1: High-waisted jeans, lacy cami, long sweater, colored flats
For this outfit I thought of the more casual family parties I'll be going to, where I want to look cute and polished but not too done-up. These black high-waisted jeans are perfect for these occasions because they can be dressed up or down depending on the night. For this, I paired them with a simple black crop top with a lace detail that would look nice but not too attention-grabbing. Black is always a go-to color for me because it is classic and looks good on everyone. To keep warm you'll need a cozy sweater, so I chose a longer knit in a light shade that will contrast the black and make the outfit feel warmer. Maroon flats add a pop of color and gold jewelry finishes the look.

Outfit #2: Metallic circle skirt, cropped sweater, thigh high stockings, short boots
Of course, part of the fun of the holiday season is dressing up. So, for something a little more formal I put together an outfit that's trendy and fun but fitting for the winter. I started with a metallic circle skirt, something I think we'll be seeing a lot of soon. The metallic is eye-catching while the style of the skirt remains simple, with a higher waist and pleats. To balance out the brighter skirt I chose a white cropped sweater because I thought the fabric of the skirt and cozy texture of the knit worked well together. This sweater features a touch of gold running down in a V, so it adds a bit of bling and ties in the gold jewelry. The thigh highs will keep your legs warm and the short black boots add a funky spin on the classic outfit.

Outfit #3: Statement jacket, short-sleeved dress, tights, heeled boots
Last but not least, this outfit would be perfect for a formal event. The red dress, unique jacket, and high-heeled boots will have all eyes on you. I love the color of this simple dress; red is one of my favorite colors and the holiday season is the perfect excuse to wear it non-stop. Paired with black and gold it creates an elegant but edgy look. The jacket with leather detailing and gold accents fits right in with that theme, and is probably my favorite part of this look. The simple gold studs, black and gold boots, and black tights will tie the whole look together.

These are just a few ideas of what to wear this month. I will definitely be treating myself to a few of these pieces to brighten up my wardrobe when the dreary winter days are in full swing. Check back soon for more tips and inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment