Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Rainy Daze


        Hey everyone! I hope it's sunny wherever you are; here in PA we've had a week of rain and thunderstorms. Although I can't hate it too much, because it gives me the perfect excuse to stay inside and catch up on some blog posts.
        Despite the dreary weather, I was able to get lunch with a friend yesterday and took the opportunity to dig out the boots I fell in love with this winter- remember this post? They've ben tucked away in my closet for most of summer, but I laced them up again so I could do a little walking without soaking my feet. The cutouts keep them from being too heavy or warm, and add an unexpected twist to the simple outfit- a black oversized tshirt and patterned shorts. These shorts are ridiculously comfy but look nice, making them one of the most versatile pairs I own. I've worn them lounging around the house, but also for meetings with my boss or just for a day out. The black and white print matches with a lot of my clothes and keeps this outfit interesting. For accessories I just slipped of my bangles from Alex and Ani. My favorite thing about these bracelets is the ability to customize them with the different charms. My favorites are the penguin charm and the US Army charm because they both hold personal meaning for me.

        This look was super easy and simple for summer. I left my hair down and embraced the curls- something I've been doing a lot more of this year. To see more of my summer looks, check back soon and follow me here.
Shirt: H&M, Shorts: American Eagle Outfitters, Boots: Qupid, Braclets: Alex and Ani

No comments:

Post a Comment