Thursday, May 22, 2014

Back to Basics

Hey guys- I'm back, and so is the warm weather! I took advantage of the sunny day we're having here in Pennsylvania to give a much-needed update. Has it really been two months since my last post? I can't believe it, but I guess time really has been flying this year. I just finished my first year of college and I couldn't be happier with how it went. I'm back in my hometown now and even though I miss all my friends in Philadelphia, it's nice to take a break from all the craziness of the city. I've spent my first week home unpacking, mostly, but also fit in some time to catch up with old friends and pick up some shifts at the ice cream shop I've worked at since high school.
Today the rain clouds took a break and let the sun peek out, something I've been waiting for since I left Philly. Although I love layering, I also love the opportunity summer gives me to wear just the basics. This outfit is one of my favorites for this season because it's simple, and the fit of the clothing feels comfortable and breezy. The shirt is one of my favorites for that reason- the loose cut is perfect for lounging around, but also goes great with my skirts and nicer pieces. The skirt is from Tobi and I've definitely worn it for the blog a few times before. Gray is one of my favorite colors, so a gray circle skirt is perfect for me to pair with almost anything in my closet.
I also threw on a few silver rings that I found while unpacking after my family's move last summer, as well as a bag my mom recently brought back from her trip to Vienna. I love the colors and construction of the bag, as well as the tassels and zipper detail. I'll get a lot of use out of it this summer.
The sandals were another gift from my mom that I'm pretty sure I haven't taken off since she gave them to me. What can I say, I'm in love. I've worn them with boyfriend jeans, skirts, and shorts, and they've looked great with everything. You can get them here in three different colors. I want them all!

Shirt: Zara, Skirt: Tobi, Bag: Unknown (gift), Shoes: DSW

No comments:

Post a Comment